[Samba] Migration samba 4.1.1 -> samba 4.3

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Thu Sep 10 16:27:18 UTC 2015

Dear samba list.

Except problem, I must upgrade my samba AD DC from 4.1.4 to 4.3 this
week-end

My test server is out of service, so I can't test.

Actually, I know the problem of bug 10991.
And I don't have parameter about change notify in my smb.conf.

So, if I do a backup of DC (samba_backup script), if I do a snapshot of the
VM.
What problem can I have  when I will start samba daemon

How to check if all is OK ?

I plan to reboot some workstation and server and check connection
(netlogon).
Verify if file-server can get user and group ?

is someone have experimented migration like this ?

thank you for your help.

	Stéphane Purnelle