[Samba] ldbedit: no matching records - cannot edit (newly-created user)

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Thu Sep 10 14:05:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

This doc (and another like it)

    http://www.blackhole-networks.com/Cheatsheets/Samba4Map/

Says

    samba-tool user add <username>
    wbinfo --name-to-sid <username>
    ldbedit -e <editor> -H <path-to-idmap.ldb> objectsid=<SID>

To create a user and get the UID in Samba to match the *nix UID.

Yet, when I do that (the ldbedit), I get back: "no matching records -
cannot edit"

Or is there a better way?

N.B.: This is the second time creating a test user for
experimentation.  The first time I did it: At some point the "missing"
record suddenly appeared.  I deleted the user in order to start all
over again, and the above issue reoccurs.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is