[Samba] Samba AD DC, DHCP & Address Assignments

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Sep 8 15:57:45 UTC 2015

On 09/08/2015 11:22 AM, Jim Seymour wrote:
> NOTE: Please honour the "Reply-To" and do not "Reply-All".  I'm reading
> the mailing list. I wouldn't be posting to it if I was not and I don't
> need two copies. Thanks!

Each list is different, and some work right like this, others the only
way to reply to list is to reply-all, thus I get a little lazy at times
to get things to work most of the time...

> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 10:32:33 -0400
> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>> Oops.  I missed that you had missed this!  When you said flat zone
>> file, I took you literally to mean text-style dns zone files.
> I'll be using traditional (flat) zone files for everything else, but
> I'm going to let the Samba AD DC work the way it wants to.  That means
> dynamic zone files for that sub-domain.

That does not seem to be a problem at all.  I have a few zones I am
successfully mastering with flat files.

>> Not
>> use samba-tool to maintain the ldap entries used for dlz.
> I'm not certain what that meant?

samba-tool does not maintain Bind, it maintains the ldap that bind
queries is what I meant.  Sorry for the cryptic reply.