[Samba] nfs based shared home dir question

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 7 08:44:27 UTC 2015

Ok, i clarify a bit more.

\\servername.internal.domain.tld\users2\%username% is used in my AD for the home folder of the users.  %username% translates to the username.

I tried 2 setups now, windows acl base setup and posix based setup.
Both fail for me.

THE SERVER with the shares ( and is nfs server)
The samba/windows part. ( postix rights setup )
On the server this is /home/samba/users2
Users is shared, owner root , Group root, everyone.
These have all "special" rights, with "only this folder"
ls -al gives :
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root  4096 Sep  7 10:18 users2
# file: home/samba/users2
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x

the user :
drwxrwx---+ 2 root root 4096 Sep  7 10:18 someuser
getfacl someuser/
# file: someuser/
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
user: someuser:rwx
group::---
group:root:---
group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:user: someuser:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:root:---
default:group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

i mounted the folder on the client server
this is the mount option
# NFS V4 Test
servername.internal.domain.tld:/users2 /home/users2    nfs4 sec=krb5  0 0

In /etc/default/nfs-common: NEED_IDMAPD=yes NEED_GSSD=yes NEED_STATD=no
/etc/idmap.conf  ( on both servers )
Domain = internal.domain.tld

[Mapping]

Nobody-User = nobody
Nobody-Group = nogroup

[Translation]

Method = nsswitch

cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat
gshadow:        files

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

and i get this as result.

root at print1:/home/users2# whoami
root

root at print1:/home/users2# cd someuser /
-su: cd: someuser /: Permission denied
root at rtd-print1:/home/users2# ls -al
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Sep  7 10:18 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Sep  7 10:16 ..
drwxrwx--- 2 root root 4096 Sep  7 10:18 someuser

even root cant access the user folder ..

the outpur of  nfs4_getfacl someuser