[Samba] nfs based shared home dir question

Ritter, Marcel (RRZE) marcel.ritter at fau.de
Mon Sep 7 08:13:02 UTC 2015

Hi Louis,

I must admit I've never used RATS to create home directories - but
in the the tool used to create the directories should not make a
difference.

So back to the basics:

What's the output of nfs4_getfacl (instead of getfacl) on the nfs client?

Keep in mind, that (afaik) there's currently no standard linux filesystem
supporting NFSv4 style ACLs. So every posix ACL needs to be converted
to NFSv4 ACL (and back) - and that could cause additional trouble.

What ownership/group does the client report if you create a simple
home path manually? (-> does idmap work as expected?)

If you can see the correct owner/group - but still get no access to
the directory (as owner) you might have run into the same trouble
I'm trying to figure out right now :-(
In that case the output of "klist" (after trying to access the nfs directory)
would be interesting ...

Bye,
   Marcel