[Samba] How to learn abut what is in the samba ldap directory

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Sep 6 17:26:07 UTC 2015

Hello Robert,

Am 06.09.2015 um 19:08 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
> I once upon a time worked with DAP and watched LDAP being created as
> something that actually could work...

what are your goals, by editing LDAP stuff in AD?

For beginners, I think ADUC (Active Directory User and Computer), which
is part of RSAT (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Installing_RSAT), is
the best way to change attributes on directory objects.

On each object you have an "Attributes" tab, that allows you to access
all attributes in an easy way.

Beside deleting some important objects (don't delete if you're not
knowing the results!), I think this is the easiest and safest way for
beginners.

Regards,
Marc