[Samba] Verify that user replication between master and slave through the logs?

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:35:51 UTC 2015

On 01/09/15 22:50, Elias Pereira wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> On my other e-mail does not properly explain what I was looking for.
>
> I made the data replication between two domain controllers Samba 4. At this
> point everything is okay. When I create a user, for example in master,
> after a few seconds the slave already have this user.
>
> What I want to know is how can I verify that user replication between
> master and slave through the logs?

You shouldn't need to :-)
As soon as the source DC (note: you don't have a master DC and a slave
DC, you just have two DCs) is changed, replication should kick in and
the users object should be replicated to any other DCs.

Have a look here:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772726%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

It may help you understand just how replication works.

It may also have escaped your notice that you can create users on any DC
and they will be replicated to any other DCs, the only way to tell which
DC a user was created on is by looking at the users RID, each DC is
allocated a range by the RID master.

Rowland