[Samba] on linux samba file shares, groups and user are randomlly lost. Using samba4 as Domain controller

Mario Pio Russo mariopiorusso at ie.ibm.com
Tue Sep 1 13:24:53 UTC 2015

Great thanks, I'll test your config files now!

some questions before:

> I would also recommend Installing the 'acl' & 'attr' packages (if not
already installed),

those are installed and at the latest version on the file share server, are
they needed on the AD too (I would think no)?

> read up on using POSIX ACLs and lose the 'force'  lines in the member
server conf and use POSIX ACLs instead.

Sorry but I don't get this, what do you mean? some parameters in the
smb.conf to seutp? thanks!

Mario Pio Russo, System Admin SWG IT Services Dublin, Phone & FAX: +353 1
815 2236, eMail: mariopiorusso at ie.ibm.com
IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited registered in Ireland with number
92815. Registered Office: IBM House, Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4