[Samba] Samba 4 and MS Windows NFS Server (2012R2) - Update

Ritter, Marcel (RRZE) marcel.ritter at fau.de
Tue Sep 1 09:24:44 UTC 2015

Hi again,

I just started to debug things on the samba4 side:

When trying to mount the Windows NFS share, I get the following error on
the samba4 dc (just grepping for nfs in the logs):

  auth_check_password_send: Checking password for unmapped user [S5DOM.TEST]\[nfs/nfsclient.mydom.test]@[]
  map_user_info_cracknames: Mapping user [MYDOM.TEST]\[nfs/nfsclient.mydom.test] from workstation []
  auth_check_password_send: mapped user is: [MYDOM]\[nfs/nfsclient.mydom.test]@[]
   expr: (&(sAMAccountName=nfs/nfsclient.mydom.test)(objectclass=user))
  sam_search_user: Couldn't find user [nfs/nfsclient.mydom.test] in samdb, under DC=mydom,DC=test
  auth_check_password_recv: sam_ignoredomain authentication for user [S5DOM\nfs/nfsclient.mydom.test] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

From a first search, it looks like function authsam_search_account()
from source4/auth/ntlm/auth_sam.c does this lookup (and fails).

I guess this search should look something like this:

(&(|(sAMAccountName=nfs/nfsclient.mydom.test)(userPrincipalName=nfs/nfsclient.mydom.test at MYDOM.TEST))(objectclass=user))

I'd like to give this a try, however I've no idea how to get the required
realm name from the parameters available during authsam_search_account()
call.

Please, could someone more familiar with the samba code base provide me
with the required information to do this?

Bye,
   Marcel