[Samba] Can't get 'root preexec' to run

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Wed Oct 21 10:13:57 UTC 2015

Maybe I finally figured it out. I found that sentence

"For example, the [test] and [homes] sections are unique disk shares;
they contain options that map to specific directories on the Samba server."

here:

https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch06.html

Does that mean that this "preexec" in the [homes] section is not invoked
if the user is accessing his or her home dir that is _configured_ on the
DC ("known" by the DC), but only if the home dir is actually
_located/shared_ there under \\dc\homes?

Seems logical now. :-/

So I could put my preexec part under [netlogon], right?

Am 21.10.2015 um 11:12 schrieb Ole Traupe:
> Louis, thanks for the idea!
>
> I can execute the script as root on linux (tested this), because I do
> folder (zfs data set) creation via remote ssh commands, so not in the
> domain context.
>
> But the point is that the script won't even execute. Even on failure,
> there would be a log file created by my script which can't be found
> anywhere.
>
> Ole
>

> Am 20.10.2015 um 17:29 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle:
>> Looks like my nfsv4 kerberos and root access problem.
>>
>> In that case, root didnt have a kerberos ticket, and was not allowed
>> to access the needed folder. I think this is a bit the same.
>>
>> Creating the users and profiles shares from ADUC is working fine for
>> me but
>> not scripted from user root.
>>

>> Greetz,
>>
>> Louis

Biopsychologie und Neuroergonomie
Institut für Psychologie und Arbeitswissenschaft

Biological Psychology and Neuroergonomics
Department of Psychology and Ergonomics

Postanschrift/Mail to:

TU Berlin
Sekr. MAR 3-2