[Samba] Replicate Samba3 to Samba4

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat May 30 11:47:33 MDT 2015

Hello Mario,

Am 29.05.2015 um 00:21 schrieb Mario Codeniera:
> If I upgrade the existing 3.x to 4.x as a NT4 domain, does it not broke the
> trust? I mean, does it support the trust for 4.x,Samba NT4 to the Windows
> AD?

Everything should work like before. If it's not working, then it's a
bug. :-)

4.0 is just the next release after 3.6. So everything of previous
versions is included + new stuff, of course. But I suggest, directly to
move to the 4.2 series. It brings many improvements like newer SMB
protocol support/features, etc.

Regards,
Marc