[Samba] [SAMBA] Problems with joining a second DC to AD

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu May 21 11:06:50 MDT 2015

On 21/05/15 17:41, Stephan Mattecka wrote:
> Hi Rowland and Louis,
>
> I did try both of your suggestions, but nothing changed on DC2. I did check all the DNS-settings (resolv.conf and hosts), so that I don't think that this is the reason for the error-messages.
>
> I did set the loglevel to 5 and will try to find the differences between both machines. These are just virtual machines to test the building of a AD-Domain before using it in real life.
>
> Regards
> Stephan
>

> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015 um 10:39 Uhr
> Von: "L.P.H. van Belle" <belle at bazuin.nl>
> An: "samba at lists.samba.org" <samba at lists.samba.org>
> Betreff: Re: [Samba] [SAMBA] Problems with joining a second DC to AD
> Hai,
>
> I hope, your domain is not .lan ( reserved name for mDNS )
> can be used, but can give problemens.
>
> in smb.conf
> change :
> interfaces = lo, eth0
> interfaces = lo, IP_of_eth0
>
> and make sure your /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf on DC2 are correct.
> make sure you have in /etc/resolv.conf on DC2.
> search example.lan
> nameserver IP_OF_DC1
>

> and try again.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

OK, try commenting out the interfaces lines, restart samba on both
machines and see how you go on.

I do not know if you are trying in anyway to sync sysvol between the 2
DCs, if you are this could give you a problem, as idmap.ldb is different
between the DCs, the workaround is to copy idmap.ldb from the first DC
to the second and run sysvolreset, but this is where we came in :-D

Can you post the command you used to provision the first DC and the
command you used to join the second DC to the first.

Rowland