[Samba] getent passwd and getent group reporting only local users

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue May 19 09:33:43 MDT 2015

El 19/05/15 a les 16:22, Mario Pio Russo ha escrit:

> Good day all
>
> I am working with samba4.2.1 DC, created after upgrading from samba3
>
> the DC works fine, however the commands :
>
> "getent passwd" and "getent group"
>
> reports only local users.

This is by design I think :-/

> however I am able to see all the id from the ccdc domain with the command
> "id"
>
> root at ccdc-samba4:~# id rocheian
> uid=3439(rocheian) gid=513(domain users) groups=513(domain users),871
> (smbconnectionssupport),759(domainusers),3000004(BUILTIN\users)
>

> furthermore the command "wbinfo -u -g" is able to show All the users and
> group from the domaiun
>
> my smb.conf is the following
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = CCDC
>         realm = CCDC.LAN
>         netbios name = CCDC-SAMBA4
>         server role = active directory domain controller
>         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

On the DC the above is the only line that it is used. Everything else
winbind related is ignored.
On a member server you can add

   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes

then "getent passwd" will show all users (getent groups still doesn't
work). But, again, those lines are ignored on the dc.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es