[Samba] Could not get Unix ID for SID

John Rykala rykalaja at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:39:06 MDT 2015

I am in the process of setting up a CentOS 6.6 w/ Samba 3.6 and am
getting an error "Cound not get unix ID for SID xxxxxx"  Am using the
same config files as I did on another similar install just changing the
domain name.  I was successful in joining the domain and wbinfo -u
returns the list of all the users on the AD. I have installed MS
Identity Management for Unix on the Server 2008R2 DC.

My config file is:

[global]
   workgroup = TESTNET
   realm = TESTNET.LOCAL
   security = ADS
   domain master = no
   local master = no
   prefered master = no
   os level = 0

   encrypt passwords = yes
   restrict anonymous = 2

   max protocol = SMB2
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=65536
SO_RCVBUF=65536
   read raw = yes
   write raw = yes
   deadtime = 15
   keepalive = 600

   winbind nss info = rfc2307
   winbind trusted domains only = no
   winbind use default domain = yes
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   winbind nested groups = yes
   winbind refresh tickets = yes
   winbind expand groups = 4
   winbind normalize names = Yes
   vfs objects = acl_xattr
   map acl inherit = Yes
   store dos attributes = Yes

   idmap config * : backend = tdb
   idmap config * : range = 1000000-1999999
   idmap config TESTNET : backend = ad
   idmap config TESTNET : schema_mode = rfc2307
   idmap config TESTNET : range = 10000-99999

   disable spoolss = yes
   preferred master = no
   server string = Samba Server %v
   log level = 3