[Samba] [samba] 4.2.1 Indexing attributes

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:27:24 MDT 2015

Back after 5 hours indexing. Now searching users from their UNIX login is
instantaneous. So the ldbsearch after modifying searchFlags attribute is
really one way to generate the index.

Unfortunately the schema modification did not spread across the second DC
and the index is not present on the second DC (search on it take time,
which means CPU).

To spread the searchFlags modification it is not really an issue to have to
apply the LDIF via ldbmodify on each servers, this action is performed
really quickly by Samba4.

To spread the index it would be nice if it could be performed by Samba4 or
manually, pushing index's files to others servers, rather than running a
ldbsearch which will eat one core for hours (5 hours on a recent i7 with
always available memory).

So the question is now: where are stored index files? Is it possible to
copy them manually from server to server?

Cheers,

mathias