[Samba] Netlogon scripts on samba ad mode

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon May 4 12:01:22 MDT 2015

Hello Dante,

Am 04.05.2015 um 18:59 schrieb Dante Colo:
> I already tried the first option the nt 4.0 way, but pointing
> the script to a network path (UNC path) instead of
> physical path , is it possible ?

as far as I know, the netlogon script must be located under the netlogon
share of your DC(s). Additionally you can't have absolute/UNC pathes or
scripts placed on different servers. And you have to enter the relative
path to it. This means, if your script is
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/samdom.example.com/scripts/logonscript.bat
you put into the logon script field just "logonscript.bat".

Regards,
Marc