[Samba] LDAPS Configuration

Daniel Carrasco Marín danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 04:06:27 MDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to convert my LDAP server into a LDAPS server to secure the
users logins, but I don't know what's the procedure to do it. Someone knows
any guide to do it?

For now:

   - I've created a CA cert on the server
   - I've created the cert and key for the domain pdc
   - I've signed that cert with CA cert.
   - I've followed the post in samba wiki about LDAPS (
   https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_LDAPS_on_a_DC).

Now my quesiton is if i've to do anyting on Windows Machines to enable the
LDAPS, because after enable the cert in Samba LDAP I can logon into client
machine (login info is surely cached) but the RSAT tools don't works.

I've tried to add the CA to trust certificates entities, but i've the same
behavior.

Thanks and greetings!!