[Samba] Change user SID on Samba 4.1

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 1 04:13:11 MDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 14:05 +0200, Daniel Carrasco Marín wrote:

> >> Greetings, Rowland Penny!

> >> If that is indeed a problem, I would suggest trying another member of
> >> 'Domain Admins' group.
> >>

> > Tried, but it fails too.
> > Tomorrow i will try to migrate again the old domain. Maybe i'll try to
> > compile the latest version or sernet packages instead the 4.1 of Wheezy
> > Backports.
> >
> > Greetings!!
> >

> Impossible... I've tried with Sernet packages and compiling the latest
> version from git and I can't make it work. I've followed the full upgrade
> manual from the wiki two times and in both versions I've got an error
> "NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND" when i try to run the "smbclient -L
> localhost -U%" command to check if works (at least with wheezy backports
> v4.1 this works). Finally I preffer to still with the new working domain
> instead keep trying to upgrade the old domain. Maybe is damaged or have any
> wrong configurations and the best way is to create a new clean domain.

There really isn't much difference between a 'new' domain and your old
domain.  That is, what we do at the start of the classicupgrade is
provision a new domain, with the correct name and SID, then add the
users.  So I really think you should try and understand what the issue
actually is.  You will need to post the logs, level 10 if need be, of
the server, and the client, to get any useful assistance.

Andrew Bartlett