[Samba] Cannot authenticate the administrator account (solved)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri May 1 00:03:33 MDT 2015

why... uhmm if im correct..

i'll try to explain. . my english is not that good..  ;-)

Your kerberos request =>  Resolving => resolving order, ( hosts files => DNS )
because of the hostfile, the server reports ip 127.0.0.1 for your hostname. ( from hosts )
But the correct one ( and the kerberosserver knows the correct ip ) is your other ip.
kerberes need A and PTR record to be able to authenticate, and i thinks because of this, it fails.
Hard to explain for me in english, so if im somewhere unclear, correct me

so never set the the "localhost ip adres "  for the same hostname..

but good to know that the message :

kinit: Preauthentication failed while getting initial credentials

can be a resolving problem.

Greetz,

Louis