[Samba] Does samba support one-way trusted?
wuhysmb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:53:57 MDT 2015
Does samba support one-way trusted in current release?
There are two domains in my enviroment.
I am using samba 4.0.5 as file server and join domain as domain member.
Samba works well when domains are two way trusts but there are something
strange when domains are one way trusts.
( testdom1.org )----outgoing trusts--->( testdom2.org )
First test, my samba machine joined to testdom1.org as domain member.
1. when I use "wbinfo -m", I can get testdom2.org in trusted domain list.
2. Then I use "wbinfo -u" , I can NOT get users in "testdom2.org".
3. I can authenticate "testdom2.org" user successfully by using "wbinfo -a
4. I can NOT get "testdom2.org" user info by using "wbinfo -i
Another test, my samba machine joined to testdom2.org as domain member.
1. when I use "wbinfo -m", I can get testdom1.org in trusted domain list.
2. Then I use "wbinfo -u" , I can get users in "testdom1.org" (why???).
3. I can NOT authenticate "testdom1.org" user successfully by using "wbinfo
4. I can NOT get "testdom1.org" user info by using "wbinfo -i
I found some patches in https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8630 but
these patches are for samba 3.5/3.6 , there are some thing different
between samba 4.x and the last commet was "2013-06-11".
I checked code download from samba web site and patch code are not in
samba-4.1.17, samba-3.6.25 and samba-4.2.0 .
Dose samba support one-way trusted in current release ( 3.6 / 4.1 /4.2)?
Will patch file be available in next release?
More information about the samba