[Samba] Recommended stations on a server and slave domain controller

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Mar 31 13:09:35 MDT 2015

Hello Sourisack,

Am 31.03.2015 um 15:50 schrieb Sourisack PHANIVONG:
> As I told you, the final aim is to have more than 100 000 users in one
> domain, is this a mistake to use a single master DC ?
 >
 > If we can't do this, is there a special feature to develop to make
 > this infrastructure work?
 > LINAGORA can support this development (a part or the totality of it,
 > with the agreement of the community) if necessary.

It depents on your infrastructure and your needs, if a single domain is
suitable. But if you're really planning such a huge installation, you
should think about professional support. Especially if you need some
development work to fix some current bugs or enhance Samba with missing
features.

https://www.samba.org/samba/support/

If you're really implement Samba with this dimension, it would be great,
if you could give a summary after the project: Number of DCs, hardware
configuration, etc.

Regards,
Marc