[Samba] samba4 check database replication script. samba-check-db-repl.sh
L.P.H. van Belle
belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Mar 23 04:31:12 MDT 2015
I have created a new script for checking samba DC database replications.
I have tested with 2 DC's , if there people with more than 2 DCs, and want to test for me, would be great.
I tested on debian wheezy, but should work on any apt-get capable os. ( but not tested )
What it does..
- auto detects the DC in you network.
- detects the DC met FSMO roles and compairs this db with all other DC's.
( based on : 1 DC is running all the FSMO roles )
- compaires with different settings.
samba-tool drs showrepl and samba-tool ldapcmp --filter="whenChanged"
- you can set these check on or off per check.
- automatic checks for needed programs and installs when not found.
- installs all needed programs without any questions asked.
- e-mail reporting when errors are found. ( default only on errors found )
- if no sendmail program is found, installs postfix and sets relayhost for you if needed.
postfix wil be running on localhost only
relayhost is not needed if you have a "correct" dns setup.
- can run as cron job, if administrator password is suppied in the script.
- run it without email address for console output only
- asks for Administrator password if not supplied in the script.
- colored output on console.
- can run by change-ing only the "CONFIGURED=no" to yes
get it here:
wget --no-check-certificate https://secure.bazuin.nl/scripts/samba-check-db-repl.sh
Let me know what you think of this one..
Suggestions are always welkom.
More information about the samba