[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Mar 31 04:22:18 MDT 2015

El 31/03/15 a les 11:08, Rowland Penny ha escrit:

> It all depends on what is meant by supported, Debian/Ubuntu supports
> their packages and Sernet supports their Samba packages. Why should
> Sernet support something they do not supply ? Sernets packages work as a
> complete system, they do not need to support the use of sssd with their
> packages, their packages work without it.

Maybe it's just because they never thought of testing it under ubuntu
(apparently under centos the two packages can coexist and work with one
another) and, if properly reported, they could fix it

> You could try contacting Sernet on contact at sernet.de
> <javascript:linkTo_UnCryptMailto('jxfiql7zlkqxzqXpbokbq+ab?Prygbzq=Ykcoxdb%/-kxze%/- at lkpriqfkd&Zlav=Pbeo%/-dbbeoqb%/-Axjbk%/-rka%/-Eboobk9');>
> (I found this in 30s, google 'contact sernet'), but I think that you
> will get the same response.

I doesn't seem that that address is for bug reports.
Is there anybody from sernet lurking here that can tell us what is the
proper channel for sernet bug reports?
I see that a search for sernet on bugzilla.samba.org returns several
bugs, maybe that's where sernet issues should be reported?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es