[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Mar 31 00:56:44 MDT 2015

El 31/03/15 a les 04:54, Sketch ha escrit:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2015, Rowland Penny wrote:
>
>> On 30/03/15 16:33, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>>  Right, the correct solution would be to package samba in a way that
>>>  doesn't break sssd.
>>
>> You could also say that sssd should be packaged in a way that works
>> with the sernet packages.
>
> I'm with Luca on this one.  It's not Debian/Ubuntu's responsibility to
> modify their distro packages work with random 3rd party packages. If
> sernet is in the business of building supported packages for Debian
> and/or Ubuntu, they ought to build them to work with Debian and/or
> Ubuntu's packages.
>
> Most likely this is just an oversight in that they just never tested it
> against sssd, and if it's reported to them, they will fix it in the next
> release.

OK, so, back to one of my original questions: where does one report bugs
in the sernet packaging? (and, yes, I searched google, looked at both
the sernet and enterprisesamba pages but I couldn't find a sernet
specific bug tracker, maybe I just didn't look hard enough).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es