[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Mon Mar 30 20:54:51 MDT 2015

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015, Rowland Penny wrote:

> On 30/03/15 16:33, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>  Right, the correct solution would be to package samba in a way that
>>  doesn't break sssd.
>
> You could also say that sssd should be packaged in a way that works with the
> sernet packages.

I'm with Luca on this one.  It's not Debian/Ubuntu's responsibility to
modify their distro packages work with random 3rd party packages. If
sernet is in the business of building supported packages for Debian and/or
Ubuntu, they ought to build them to work with Debian and/or Ubuntu's
packages.

Most likely this is just an oversight in that they just never tested it
against sssd, and if it's reported to them, they will fix it in the next
release.