[Samba] samba4.2.0 crashes on connection attempt with an internal samba error...

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 29 05:18:34 MDT 2015

On 28/03/15 23:22, support at remsnet.de wrote:
> rowland ,
>
>> Now if some wise person that understands systemd and knows how to get it
>> to start the 'nmbd', 'winbindd' & 'smbd' daemons, could post an howto, I
>> am quite prepared to try it, but until then, a certain LP can stick
>> systemd where the sun doesn't shine.
>>
> ... systemd with samba sample ( opensuse sample ) : http://www.opensuse-forum.de/themen/netzwerk-und-internet/9040-samba-mit-systemd-starten/
> its simple to adapt on jessie ...
>
> regards Horst

I tried something very very similar (but in english), it didn't work,
what did work (and was a lot easier) was removing systemd.

I tried to get systemd to work with samba, I really, really tried, I
just couldn't make it work, I tried various things for a couple of hours
and couldn't make it work, just 5 mins to remove systemd, and samba now
works.

I know what I will be doing in future.

Rowland