[Samba] samba4.2.0 crashes on connection attempt with an internal samba error...

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 28 03:30:09 MDT 2015

On 28/03/15 00:39, Peter Serbe wrote:
> Rowland Penny schrieb am 28.03.2015 00:15:
>
>> I installed jessie in a vm to test it, seeing as how sernet hasn't got
>> round to releasing 4.2 packages yet and then Peter posted that he had
>> got 4.2 running on jessie. I would love to know how he did this ?
> Oh. I am a pretty newbie on this field. Maybe that helped...
>
> First I install the basic system including LXDE. On the problem loaden
> notebook I messed this up by an unsuccessful attempt to install the
> non-free Nvidia drivers - no way to get the history of this clear.
> Anyway, next I install ntp, xfs utilities. Next bind9 as slave DNS
> pointing to my AD DCs. On the notebook I used the Debian repository,
> on the servers I build from the sources as bind 9.9 hadn't been
> available during my first installations.
>

> apt-get --purge remove avahi-daemon
>
> apt-get install build-essential libacl1-dev libattr1-dev \
>     libblkid-dev libgnutls-dev libreadline-dev python-dev libpam0g-dev \
>     python-dnspython gdb pkg-config libpopt-dev libldap2-dev \
>     dnsutils libbsd-dev attr krb5-user docbook-xsl libcups2-dev acl \
>     libncurses5-dev libssd-dev libkrb5-dev libpam-krb5
>

> cd /to/bind/sources
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/            \
>              --sysconfdir=/etc/bind    \
>              --localstatedir=/var      \
>              --with-libtool            \
>              --with-openssl=/usr       \
>              --with-dlopen=yes         \
>              --enable-threads          \
>              --with-gssapi=/usr/include/gssapi && \
> make && \
> make install
>

> By then I install a dummy Bind9.9, i.e. without the AD related zones.
> Next I install sssd and configure PAM.
>

> apt-get install sssd sssd-tools libnss-sss libpam-sss libsss-sudo \
>        libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit ldap-utils python-sss libsasl2-modules-ldap \
>        cracklib-runtime libsss-nss-idmap0
>
> I do fix the sssd and krb5.conf files here, even though it won't work
> until samba is compiled and running.
>
> apt-get install sssd sssd-tools libnss-sss libpam-sss libsss-sudo \
>        libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit ldap-utils python-sss libsasl2-modules-ldap \
>        cracklib-runtime libsss-nss-idmap0
>
> Then I start compiling samba.
>
> apt-get install build-essential libacl1-dev libattr1-dev \
>     libblkid-dev libreadline-dev python-dev libpam0g-dev \
>     python-dnspython gdb pkg-config libpopt-dev libldap2-dev \
>     dnsutils libbsd-dev attr krb5-user docbook-xsl libcups2-dev acl \
>     libncurses5-dev libgnutls28-dev
>
> *) OK, in the meantime would replace libgnutls-dev by libgnutls28-dev,
>

> apt-get remove xsltproc -> sonst "bus error"
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba \
>              --with-piddir=/usr/local/samba/var/run \
>              --with-syslog \
>              --with-quotas \
>              --with-acl-support \
>              --enable-cups \
>              --with-ads \
>              --with-shared-modules=idmap_ad \
> && make 2>&1 | tee -i make.log \
> && make install 2>&1 | tee -i make-install.log

> [...]

I do not understand how you managed to install libgnutls-dev in the
first place, when I try to install it, I get:

root at jesdeb:~# apt-get install libgnutls-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libgnutls-dev is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libgnutls-dev' has no installation candidate

Then when I try to install its replacement, I then descend into apt hell.

Rowland