[Samba] Authenticating Against Other Services

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:44:30 MDT 2015

On 24/03/15 18:31, James wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I use several applications that allow for authenticating against a
> Microsoft ADDC natively. Can someone point me in a direction on where to
> start? I'm using Samba 4.2.0 on Ubuntu 12.04. I think these are the
> steps I need to take but would like confirmation before attempting. Thanks.
>
> Step 1 Method 2: Connecting to AD via Kerberos :
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/nslcd
> Step 2 Authentication against AD :
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_other_services_against_AD

What applications ? There is a page on the samba wiki:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_other_services_against_AD

It is somewhere to start, but if could tells us what you need to
authenticate, then others on here may be already be doing it and can
help you traverse any mine fields :-)

Rowland