[Samba] Fwd: Samba4 + external ldap

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:40:30 MDT 2015

I had tried with the "root", but also gave error: *Could not find the
username.*

The first time this happened I ran the following command:

root at sol:~# smbpasswd -a root
smbldap_search_domain_info: Searching
for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=POA))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
ldap_connect_system: successful connection to the LDAP server
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: root
Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for root
init_ldap_from_sam: Setting entry for user: root
ldapsam_modify_entry: LDAP Password changed for user root
ldapsam_update_sam_account: successfully modified uid = root in the LDAP
database

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On 24/03/15 17:32, Elias Pereira wrote:
>
>> it has been sometime since I used an NT-4 style domain, but I seem to
>>> remember that you need to run the command as root and the user needs to
>>> exists as a Unix user.
>>>
>>>  You were right! Fixed!
>>
>> Continuing:
>>
>> But now when I try to join a window xp sp3 in the domain, it does the
>> following error:
>>
>> *Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.*
>>

>> Note: The user I'm putting to enter the domain, belongs to the Domain
>> Admins.
>>
>> I run the "tail -f syslog" on openldap server.
>>
>> See the link: http://pastie.org/private/zk2t5jtwzvujakiifvltea
>>

> Again, this is from memory, you have to use the user 'root' and the
> password you set for him.
>

> Rowland
> --

Elias Pereira