[Samba] Samba 4.1 gentent, ls, no display domain user name on Primary ACDC but wbinfo -u yes

Jhon P patocius at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:58:34 MDT 2015

Hello friends:

I hope you can help me with this I'm struggling a year ago
After breaking my head migrating a server with Samba Samba 2.1 to 4.1 all stay perfect and functional.

All files are in this domain controller for now, and then be moved to a domain member, "the file server".

I configure the server as ADDC Samba 4.1 and up here all went well, the shares, the users, winbind, NetLogons, machines, etc.But

When I have to use the "ls" on the terminal display UID command instead of domain user name.

-rwxrwx --- 1 root users 100K February 28, 2012 protocolo.pdf
--- 1 root users -rwxrwx 21K June 27, 2013 proyecto.doc
--- 1 root users -rwxrwx 21K June 21, 2013 Project 3º.doc
drwxrwxr-x 2 3000085 4.0K users Mar 17 12:59 PROYECTO.txt
-rwxrwxr-- 1 3000085 28K users Mar 12 12:11 segundo.doc Project
--- 1 root users -rwxrwx 96K July 22, 2013 recomendaciones.cls

If I run the "gentent" command only shows me posix users.

Example:

daemon: x: 1: 1: daemon: / usr / sbin: / bin / sh
bin: x: 2: 2: bin: / bin: / bin / sh
sys: x: 3: 3: sys: / dev: / bin / sh
sync: x: 4: 65534: sync: / bin: / bin / sync

But if I do, "wbinfo -u"

cupcakes
claudiap
johanao
agustinap
gabrielaa

My nsswitch.conf

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat

hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

My smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = PROTEUS
        realm = proteus.local
        netbios name = HARDCORE
        dns forwarder = 200.40.220.245
        allow dns updates = nonsecure and secure
        server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns, smb
        dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr, netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser, eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver, winreg, srvsvc
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind nested groups = yes