[Samba] Domain controller in a chroot

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Tue Mar 17 05:40:30 MDT 2015

> "is it feasible/are there any caveat"

Baseline is: not feasible.
The baseline is: only one samba per box.
You need to different IPs, which operate
independently from each other, as You can't
move the ports, where Your daemons are listening.
You would also need different daemons listening
on these two IPs.

Even if this was possible, You would not find
someone having done it here. It is against all
the recommendations, and this hacked installation
is likely to be not manageable. It is that far
away from the ordinary use case, that I would
advise to think for some different way to achive
Your goal. Whatever it was (as we don't have
gotten it by now...).

- Peter