[Samba] RequireSecuritySignature=1 and public share with guest not working

Olszewski, Raphael r.olszewski at ssc-services.de
Mon Mar 16 01:56:18 MDT 2015

Hi Louis

Thank you!
As i wrote in my first post, i tried even with these settings:
        client max protocol = SMB3
        client min protocol = SMB2
        client signing = required
        server signing = required
But it was not working - as soon I use RequireSecuritySignature=1 on the client.

It seems for that the client is stopping communication since the Win7-client expects something from samba.
net use t: \\samba\pub<file:///\\samba\pub>
               systemerror 1240

MS knowledgebase article speek about enable plain text passwords. But this is wrong since I do not change this password-setting, just require signing.

Is somebody out there, who knows, how to setup samba for using RequireSecuritySignature=1 on Windows Clients?

Greetz  Raphael