[Samba] password lockout policy issue after update to 4.2

Luke Bigum luke.bigum at lmax.com
Mon Mar 9 12:40:54 MDT 2015

I haven't seen your problem specifically but a few FYIs that are in your area, in case you run into them:

We've observed that Win8.1 sends two auth attempts to our Samba4 AD DC for every one actual login, so accounts were being locked out twice as fast as we expected. It doesn't explain your issue, but something to be aware of with very low numbers of attempts.

I have also seen the MS AD utilities not populating certain fields that Samba's backend uses, like Password Last Set, so if you lock out based on last change time then that can be a problem.

--
Luke Bigum
Senior Systems Engineer

Information Systems