[Samba] server max protocol appropriate values

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 06:36:01 MST 2015

Hi Marc,

    I'm a little confused. The values I provided for client and server
max protocol are default values. At least according to the command
'samba-tool testparm -v'. I have not explicitly set them in my smb.conf
file. I assume SMB3 became the default at some point with a release? I'm
worried now that I must make explicit changes to my smb.conf file when
default values are changed from a prior version. Maybe it's a bug and my
values should've been changed when I updated Samba when smb3 became the
default? I started with 4.0.0 from tar for reference. Sequential version
updates after that. Thanks.

--
-James