[Samba] (Samba 4.2.2) wbinfo -i does not get the (correct) unix primary group gid

Frank Grantz frankgrantz at gmx.de
Fri Jun 19 04:07:17 MDT 2015

Hi!

i think i found the root cause of my post "wbinfo -i WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND on samba 4.2.2":

The 4.2.2 Version of wbinfo -i does not get the unix primary group gid as defined in the Active Directory. Instead it gets the gid of the Windows primary Group (Macintosh and posix compatible).

The old  3.3.15 Version of wbinfo does that correctly. I have both samba 3.3.15 and samba 4.2.2 installed and both are AD member of the same AD Domain (same AD Server).

wbinfo -i produce different results.

Is this a hint for me to clean up my AD Setup in a way that Windows Primary Group and Unix primary group are the same for all my AD Accounts? Or is it a bug in 4.4.2. that wbinfo -i does not get the unix primary group id as defined in the active directory?

regards

Frank