[Samba] user profil wipe in a samba 4 AD domain

joseph-andre Guaragna jaguaragna at rdmo.com
Fri Jun 12 00:22:51 MDT 2015

Sorry for the delayed answer, I received your answer while I was gone.

My user are created using the RSAT tool directly from a Window box. We
use pbis cause in case my company want to go for a pay version of the
AD client. The main reason is that the sys admin job is on ly
temporary, thus if any problem occur after they could go for a pay
version and get help.

As for you request for the samba.conf:

[global]
    workgroup = intra
    realm = <our domain >
    netbios name = <Serveur Name>
    server string = Zentyal Server
    server role = dc
    server role check:inhibit = yes
    server services = -dns
    server signing = auto
    dsdb:schema update allowed = yes
    drs:max object sync = 1200

    idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

    interfaces = lo,eth0
    bind interfaces only = yes

    log level = 3
    log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
    max log size = 100000

    include = /etc/samba/shares.conf

[netlogon]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/<our domain >/scripts
    browseable = no
    read only = yes

[sysvol]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol