[Samba] user profil wipe in a samba 4 AD domain

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 11 09:09:04 MDT 2015

On 11/06/15 15:28, joseph-andre Guaragna wrote:
> Yes that is exactly the point and why we implemented the AD in the first place.
>
> But still every person connecting to any workstation gets a home
> directory created whether it is on Linux or windows.
>
> And if I understood well, if no roaming profile in place on each
> machine the domain.user is created.
>
> Thus leading to blank home directory every time your user connect for
> the first time to a workstation, and data not following him right?
>
> But what I do not get, is after the first connection every time the
> user connect on the same workstation, he should find the data from his
> previous log in on this workstation. And I mean "on this workstation",
> if he as since logged in on another he should not see what he had on
> the other workstation.
>
> Am I right on this.

Yes, your users should be able to log into the same machine and find
their previous data, if this isn't happening, then I am fairly sure that
this is a windows problem not a samba problem.

It might be a samba problem if you have altered the smb.conf on the
samba AD DC, if this is the case, can you post your smb.conf. How are
you creating the users? on ADUC ? with samba-tool, or some other way.

I wonder if pbis is somehow involved, why are you using this, it isn't
really required.

Rowland