[Samba] security = server functionality with Samba 4

Patrick Banholzer patrick.banholzer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:43:48 MDT 2015

Hello,

I'm having a problem with a samba installation on Ubuntu 14.04 (Samba
4.1.6).

Usually we join Linux Systems to the Microsoft ADS and use security =
domain. But now I have a system that can not (is not allowed to) be joined
to the domain - but should authenticate through the domain. With Ubuntu
12.04 Systems (Samba 3.6.3) we used a configuration with security = server
but this seems not to work anymore.

Official Samba Docs (
https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba4-HOWTO/pt03.html ...) are empty
and googling didn't help either.

Can you give me a hint what configuration would work? E.g. an example
config?

Thanks a lot
Patrick