[Samba] making samba 4.2 in a container

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:48:11 MDT 2015

Thank you for the excellent advice.

so an lxc container should be a privilege vm. Do containers share the same
file system like a BSD chroot jail?  Or do they have a virtual disk image
like vmware or virtual box?

Sorry to be dense here. If you know of any good tutorials on making lxc
containers, I'd like to read them.

My thinking was that I would make an lxc container for the addc instance of
samba. Then I would just allow samba running in the host system to handle
file service.  This allows me to follow best practices with samba addc in
keeping them separate from samba serving files.

I had thought about putting the file serving samba instance in a container
as well, but didn't see an advantage. And if the container has a vmdk like
virtual box, then serving large file sets from that seems that it would be
a problem.

--
David Bear
mobile: (602) 903-6476