[Samba] making samba 4.2 in a container

John Lewis oflameo2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:41:39 MDT 2015

I did not implement Unprivileged containers because there is no dynamic
uid remapping implemented so I would have to statically change the uids
and gid's of all of the system files with uidshift and It didn't work
well with the AUFS setup I originally and I haven't tested it with ldap
accounts so I have no clue if there would be an issue with uid mapping.

Since then I moved to dm-snapshot backed file system image files with a
squashfs base image, and then standard file system image files. The
dm-snapshot backed images didn't give me as many storage savings as I
thought I would get and they were kind of annoying to work with do to
lack of tooling to take advantage of their properties.

I am sure I would try dm-snapshot backed file system images when I find
or make some tools to take advantage of them, but I will not go back to
AUFS until it has POSIX ACL support.

I don't think I can get enough out of unprivileged LXCs to justify
redeploying them right now.