[Samba] [AD/PDC] Logins with Spaces do not work

Andreas Happe andreashappe at snikt.net
Wed Jun 3 06:24:08 MDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 11:34 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

> So we really should work in this case. Can you recap what
> isn't working ?

Thank you!

Added a Samba Domain Controller (4.1.17-Debian) to a Microsoft Windows
2003-based Active Directory (had to upgrade the Schema Version, if this is
important I can gather that information).

User Account Information got replicated.When I disconnected the Windows
Server most Clients (Windows 7) did work -- except those with blanks in the
username. Tests (adding/removing) blanks to the names made the problem
reproducible (removed the blank from an exising account with blanks ->
login did work. Reintroduced the blank -> login did not work).

With a Linux Client kinit did work (with or without blanks in usernames).

The Samba Server is currently disconnected from the network (as it prevents
clients from login), but can be reactivated if needed.

cheers, Andreas
--
GPG-Key-Id: DD436203
Github:     https://github.com/andreashappe