[Samba] Problems with Member Server Samba 4

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:39:32 UTC 2015

On 19/07/15 16:21, Marcio Demetrio Bacci wrote:
> I am having problems with samba 4 as Member Server.
>
> I have followed step-by-step tutorial "Setup a Samba AD Member Server" in
> samba wiki.
>
> In my smb.conf I have configured the entry "idmap config MYDOMAIN:range =
> 290000000-300000000", because this is my range for DomainUsers.
>
> The commands "kinit DomainUser" and "klist" are ok, this way I think that
> kerberos is ok.
>
> The commands "wbinfo -u" e "wbinfo -g" are ok, but the command "id
> DomainUser" don't show the domains users.
>
> In my /etc/nsswitch.conf, i added only "winbind" to the "passwd" and
> "group" entries:
>
> passwd: compact winbind
> group: compact winbind
>
> Do I need to configure the files in /etc/pam.d ?

Possibly, unless you have installed the required files and then run the
OS tools to update PAM.

> If answer is positive for question above, how configure the entry for this
> files?

This all depends on your clients OS, if it is debian and you are using
the OS packages, then all you need to do is install the libpam-winbind
package, but then you already know this, because you followed the wiki
page step by step.

Rowland