[Samba] Problems with Member Server Samba 4

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:21:00 UTC 2015

I am having problems with samba 4 as Member Server.

I have followed step-by-step tutorial "Setup a Samba AD Member Server" in
samba wiki.

In my smb.conf I have configured the entry "idmap config MYDOMAIN:range =
290000000-300000000", because this is my range for DomainUsers.

The commands "kinit DomainUser" and "klist" are ok, this way I think that
kerberos is ok.

The commands "wbinfo -u" e "wbinfo -g" are ok, but the command "id
DomainUser" don't show the domains users.

In my /etc/nsswitch.conf, i added only "winbind" to the "passwd" and
"group" entries:

passwd: compact winbind
group: compact winbind

Do I need to configure the files in /etc/pam.d ?

If answer is positive for question above, how configure the entry for this
files?

I've reinstalled the samba 4 several times and did not work!

Regards,

Márcio