[Samba] Replication problems in Samba 4.1.18

Peter Trifonov petert at dcn.icc.spbstu.ru
Thu Jul 16 13:15:28 UTC 2015

> "schema enhancements [...] are currently not supported by Samba."

> @Marc, as you can imagine I'm not too aware about schema modification
> and Samba replication restriction, but it seems this Office
> Communication Server schema enhancement is the reason of your issue.

It is stated in Samba 4.1.0 release notes  that  " replication with other domain controllers with a heavily modified schema is now possible (ie. Windows 2012 DCs or other Windows DC with exchange installed) and replication didn't fail anymore in such environments. "

Do I need to enable something in Samba configuration files to let this working?
Is it safe to run Samba in a domain with modified schema?  Can I ignore windows complaining on replication issues with Samba?

Actually I need samba domain controller in order to deploy SOGo, which requires its own schema modifications.  Can I proceed with its installation before resolving the problem with replication?

With best regards,
P. Trifonov