[Samba] Samba3 shares cannot be mounted on linux box uisng cifs command , error "CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13"

Mario Pio Russo mariopiorusso at ie.ibm.com
Wed Jul 15 16:12:17 UTC 2015

well that's peculiar, as I am experiencing something different. in fact
from ADUC I can see all the users belonging to the "domain users" groups.
the authentication, however, does not work on that group, and the share
"scrap" cannot be accessed with this config:

valid users          = @"Domain Users"

however, I have created an auxiliarry group called domainusers , added all
the users to that group and changed the scrap access policy to this:

valid users          = @"domainusers"

now all works fine. I am modifying the share in order to never use the
"domain users" groups as after the migration it simly doesn't work.

maybe this workaround can be helpful for others,

Bye for now!

Mario Pio Russo, System Admin SWG IT Services Dublin, Phone & FAX: +353 1
815 2236, eMail: mariopiorusso at ie.ibm.com
IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited registered in Ireland with number
92815. Registered Office: IBM House, Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4