[Samba] Windows 10 in Samba 3 domain: netlogon share access denied

Marcel Ebbrecht m.ebbrecht at dortmundit.de
Thu Jul 9 11:02:24 UTC 2015

lets ignore the dfs and concentrate on the the direct access:

domain is foo.lan

tried:

\\dc1\netlogon
\\ip\netlogon
\\dc1.foo.lan\netlogon
\\foo.lan\netlogon

doesnt work with foo.lan\username and just username

\\dc1\netlogon2
\\ip\netlogon2
\\dc1.foo.lan\netlogon2
\\foo.lan\netlogon2

works with foo.lan\username and just username - same directory, same config, just another sharename (see config).

Tried also with guest ok ... netlogon2 works, netlogon not. Everything works except the netlogon share and joining domain :(

Can someone confirm, that Build 10162 doesnt want to connect to netlogon shares ?

I also created a netlogon share on one of our windows servers (old 2003 testing machine) ... doesnt work, so this is obviously no samba problem :(

BUT: Samba people are often more competent than microsoft people on Windows ;) So is anyone here who can confirm this problem and, perhaps, submit a solution ?

ty