[Samba] SAMBA4 AD - Logon Scripts

Craig SHONE craig.shone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 07:06:20 UTC 2015

Hi all

Anyone having problems running logon scripts in 4.2.2?

I've created a few test scripts (.bat, .vbs, etc) and placed them in the
netlogon folder and then assigned some user accounts either the .bat or .vbs
files using RSAT tools.

Yet at login none of my client workstations (Windows XP, 7 or 8) execute
their login scripts, none get mapped drives, etc.  Browsing to the netlogon
folder on each machine and running the script manually works fine.

Do I need the netlogon directive in my smb.conf ?  Or is this deprecated in
favour of assigning via RSAT tools?

Thanks

Craig.