[Samba] net logon scripts not running

Daniel Carrasco MarĂ­n danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 09:11:52 UTC 2015

> On 04/07/15 03:31 AM, Daniel Carrasco Marín wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The samba logs shows any info?.
>> Are you using the script name or the full path?. You only have to put the
>> script name (for example logon.bat).
>> Can you map that drive using a GPO?, is better than use a logon script.
>>
>> A suggestion is to use a GPO to run logon scripts, because you can add
>> multiple scripts and if you change the name of one script then you only
>> have to change the GPO script, instead all users logon script.
>>
>> Greetings!!
>>
>>  Thanks Daniel. You got it in one and gave me another reason to dislike
> M$. The script doesn't run when I give the full path but does run when I
> just specify the name, while the box above it seems to require the full
> path to the profile (according to M$ documentation anyway). Who thought up
> this nonsense?  :)
>
> So far as GPO goes, when I try to enable a GPO while logged in as a domain
> administrator, I get a permissions error. There is something going wrong
> even though I followed the Samba howto on provisioning Samba4, including
> passing all the suggested tests, and the stuff I need is currently working
> (roaming profiles and logon scripts).
>
> The good part is that logons are currently a lot faster than under Samba3.
>
> --

Yes, M$ have some stupid things like for example the logon script...
If you use a GPO for run the logon scripts, you must use only the name too
and put that script in the GPO folder. If you try to use a full UNC path or
just a subfolder inside the GPO folder then it fails...

I'm glad I helped ;)

Greetings!!