[Samba] Samba4 roaming profiles & ownership of profile.V2 folders

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Fri Jul 3 06:44:49 UTC 2015

I've got roaming profiles for one account on a Debian/Jessie AD DC
server but I can't get them to work for the other accounts. The
differences are that the one account is also a Linux account in the AD
DC and is in the Domain Admins group. The other accounts were created
with ADUC on a Windows 7 machine logged in as the Domain Admins user
just mentioned. They are Domain Users but not Admins and have no
corresponding Linux account.

I got that one account to work by taking ownership of its profile
directory. However Windows 7 currently only offers me two choices for
accounts that can take ownership of a profile directory (Domain Admins
and that one account are both listed. Other accounts are not in the
creator/owner tab).

I've given Domain User full control of the profile folders but that
doesn't seem to be good enough to get the profiles to be loaded and
saved (the Linux permissions are 777).

And yes, Ive set profile for each user using the Windows MMC plugin.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?