[Samba] Samba4.2.2 Bind9.9.4 Centos7 Issues

David Minard david at scem.uws.edu.au
Fri Jul 3 03:55:32 UTC 2015

G'day All,

     I've got Samba4 using Bind for its DNS, and all seems to working
well, except that I've noticed occasionally that bind either dies or
locks up.  I see the following in the my named.log file:

02-Jul-2015 21:54:08.859 database: critical: samba_dlz: talloc: access
after free error - first free may be at ../lib/ldb/common/ldb.c:1592
02-Jul-2015 21:54:08.859 database: critical: samba_dlz: Bad talloc magic
value - access after free

     I have this set up running on Centos6 and it hasn't been a
problem.  Not sure if it's the OS, as C7 is significantly different to
C6 in quite a few ways.....

--

Cheers,
David Minard.

School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics
Building Y - Penrith Campus (Kingswood)
Locked bag 1797
Penrith South DC
NSW 1797

[Sometimes waking up just isn't worth the insult of the day to come.]

believed to be clean.